Thursday, March 13, 2008

Thirstday 57 @ Motor City Bar


57 weeks behind us. This week it was out of Brooklyn and in the boro we used to kick it in. Prior to the nabe being over-run with NYUers and LI-jersey crowd we used to abuse the liver in the LES. Nowadays when its down yonder the night never matches the comfort that I feel succumbing to liquids, and wishing always that Thirstday needs to be in Brooklyn. Only 10% of them have landed in Manhattan.
Motor City bar was cheap, I will have to give that to them but their tap selection fell a little short on the micro-brew tip that i like to see. I stayed with Sierra Pale Ale at 4 dollars a pop. The bartenders were very attentative with a wait not longer than 2 minutes. There is a pinball game there that gobbled up two quarters without any play. I left only slightly twisted, maybe one eye wall- eyed.

**for a mediocre night but not making me leave right away.

127 Ludlow St. (212) 358-1595 http://www.motorcitybar.com/

No comments: