Friday, March 21, 2008

Thirstday #59 @ Surf Bar and Zablowskis



First and foremost the floors are sand. Nothing better to through me into the feeling they are pushing than the granular squish underfoot. The interior reeks of roadside surf shack in a far-off Central American country. Surfboards line the ceiling and other beach finds clothe every surface available. We came for the chowder. I went for the Bahamian Monkfish chowder in the bread bowl for 6.50 which was a steal foe this slightly spicy robust liquid. Me lady indulged in the Fijian whole fish. A major plus, only 3 beers on tap but all from my favorite American brewer Bluepoint. I may have a bit of favoritism relegating since it is Long Islands own. Overall I love the feeling they a portraying and yanking my mind from the grimy Brooklyn streets.

Zablowskis was stop two. Luckily it was close because my pee pee couldn't deal with the frigid winds. So a few doors down we dipped into this cavernous space over-populated with riff-raff from SEA displacement. The beer was up to par, they poured Chimay from the taps which is a sort of rare happening. Other than that the bar is mediocre.

*** For The Surf Bar for being right up my alley.

** For Zablowskis for not exciting much.

The Surf Bar 139 N 6th street, Williamsburg, Brooklyn
718-302-4441

Zablowskis 107 N 6th street, Williamsburg, Brooklyn

No comments: